I Me Myself

What was the start of all this? When did the cogs of fate begin to turn? Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now, From deep within the flow of time... But, for a certainty, back then, We loved so many, yet hated so much, We hurt others and were hurt ourselves... Yet even then, we ran like the wind, Whilst our laughter echoed, Under cerulean skies...

Friday, March 31, 2006

My Fifth Post

31st March 2006. Today was the last day of the week. To reach this stage, i would normally feel quite relaxed and happy. However, looking back at all the tutorials piling up, i can only feel my blood pressure rising up. But never mind, i'll just have to buck up and do it all during the weekends.

Well, enough of my whining. Let's look back on today's events. Today started out quite fine. First up was the maths lecture. Let's see, the lecture touched on further aspects of inequalities. As the lecture progressed, i was getting more and more confused. Maths isn't really my fort subject. What made the matter worse was that, as i struggled to listen, my dear friend See Kiat was beside adjusting his hair every 5 minutes interval. His hair movement was so distracting that i wished i could just tear out his hair and mop the floor with it. (Getting a bit agitated here.) But really, if you noticed, he can be seen doing his hair almost everytime. Acting cool? Maybe so.

Fortunately, before i lost my patience, the maths lecture ended. And guess what followed next? A maths tutorial! Our tutor is Mr Patrick Poh. He seemed quite serious and nice sometimes. But the maths tutorial was interesting. Afterall, we got to revise the concepts of AP and GP again. For me, it was a blessing because i had totally no idea of the topic. Luckily he go through with us once again. He also revised the various sign notations and came out with a 'owe beating question'. Man, he sure is an interesting maths tutor. After the maths tutorial, was the Physical Education session. Once again, we assembled at the grandstand and waited. Today, we were supposed to train for our fitness test. By the time we were finished, i could hear my muscles aching and screaming out for help. Next, we had a break for half-an-hour. Took the time to bought another exercise book for the General Paper Discussion.

Next lesson was physics practical. From the tone, i could tell that the teacher was not very happy that day. He sounded angry and his tone was threatening. We had 4 experiments to do in a matter of about one hour. We hurried through the experiment as quickly as possible. I was especially satisfied with my last experiment, as the values gave me a exact reading of the resistance i was using. Exactly 5 ohms! It was the first time my experiment went so smoothly. Next was General Paper lesson. Strangely, the tutors all either seemed to be sick or on dental appointment, resulting in no General Paper lesson for some of my friends. But, my tutor, Miss Gopal had came so we had to go for it. We waited outside room #04-30 for about 30 minutes. During that time, we had plenty of entertainment from Ching Yong and gang with lame things and finally, for the first time, without any interference from Kai Shuo, i managed to crack Wei Jie's box code. Then when Miss Gopal came and saw us, she was surprised as she had expected us to go to room #04-51 instead for the second tutorial! Oh my god, we had been foolishly standing outside the classroom for 30 minutes for nothing. Well, at least the lesson had been shortened to 1 hour now.

We went into the class and sat down. I was the only boy going for the lesson for our class so i ended up only having the girls as familiar faces. After attendance, Miss Gopal told us that she was going to call some of us up to give a speech of any topic for about 2 minutes. At first, no one dared to go up and speak. Then, when our GP representative, Teng Ming, went up and give his speech on time, other people started to speak up too. A few of the topic i can remember is from some of the 0616 and 0622 people. One of them promoted their 'happy club' and was urging people to join them. One of the girls spoke about romance. She talked about how she felt relationships are okay as long as one remain focus on their priorites. Then, some of the boys started to probe further about herself and whether her parents supported it or not. Another person talked about time too. He mentioned that if a person can't manage time properly, he is defined as a loser. So i guess that makes me a loser. Next up i think it was Stella's turn. She chose to speak about her fears. If my memory serves me right, i think she feared ants because they are small and gather in swarms. She also said that she was afraid because she had been bitten by red ants when she was in primary school. Her speech reminds me of a time when i was small and encountered a similar incident. I believed it was some day in 1997-1998. Me and my parents were waiting for a bus under a bus-stop. I casually put my hands over the railing and waited. The next moment, i felt a stinging pain in my hand. I turned around and was horrified to see a carpet of red swarming on my hand. I freaked out, of course. My parents went over and swept away the ants with a few swoop. By then, my hands was filled with bites and stings and some were beginning to swell. Ever since, when i see swarms of ants together, I get a strange tinkling sensation, uncomfortable.

Then, just as the lesson was approaching the end, Miss Gopal suddenly called upon me to say a speech. I didn't know what to say at that time, so i just picked any topic, which happens to be homosexuality. Actually, my class is always joking about this so we are pretty well-versed in this area. For most part, i did not believe half the stuff that i said. I was just throwing out stuffs as they came to my mind. To make things worse, those guys from 0622 were making things difficult for me by asking sensitive questions on a sensitive topic. I just tried my best to answer them and scrambled to my seat. Then, the class was dismissed. I joined up with Kok Yong and gang in discussion room 2 to discuss about the various topics of Project Work. There was also a heated argument between Wei Jie and Eng Seng on the topic ' Examinations and Tuitions". After that, we went for a short lunch and went home. However, God was not kind to me and send down pouring rain. The drains around the college was filled with rushing water. That was a very spectacular scene. Fortunately, i managed to capture some of it using my handphone's video camera.

I think i will end here now. (O'.')=O

Thoughts of the day: Once bitten, twice shy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home